This article will help you navigate to and add Expense Reports.
To access your expense reports page, click on Myself>Assets & Expense>Expense Reports.
To start a new expense report:
Click on "Add" in the top right-hand side of the page.
Begin by entering a name for the report. To add an entry to your expense report, click on "Add" and fill out the fields:
- Description: Enter a description of the expense.
- Assign expense: The next four drop downs can be customized for your company. In this example, the drop downs are Description, Cost Code, Wage Code and Job Number. Whatever your drop downs are, they can be used to assign expenses to certain clients, jobs, projects, etc. Please discuss with your manager if there are any questions.
- Expense Type: Choose the type of expense.
- Amount: Enter the amount of the expense.
- Vendor: Enter the name of the company that charged the expense.
- Billing Type: Choose the appropriate option.
- Attachment(s): Browse to attach a copy of the scanned receipt. This may or may not be required depending on your company policy.
- Date: Enter the date that the expense occurred.
Click on 'Save'.
Once you have added an expense to the report, you can edit the details of the item by clicking on the description, or you can remove the item from the report by clicking on the delete button. To add an additional expense to the report, click on 'Add'.
The details of the expense report can be downloaded into a PDF by clicking the Download button.
When you done adding expenses to your report, you have three options:
- Submit: Locks your expense report and submits to your manager for approval.
- Save for Later: Saves your progress and keeps the report open so you can add items to it at a later time.
- Cancel: Changes will not be made and you will be returned to the Expense Report page.
For existing Expense Reports:
Edit an open expense report by clicking on the edit pencil, and delete it by clicking on the garbage can.