Here's a brief description on how to understand the balances on your Time Away from Work page, under Time & Labor:
On your Time Away from Work page, you will see that there is a bucket shown for each Time Away from Work type available to you. This will vary depending on the Time Away from Work plan you are assigned upon hire. Each of these balances is shown in hours.
To view the details of these balances, click on the "Current Plan Details" tab. You will see a summary of Earned, Taken, Upcoming, and Available balances per TAFW type here.
- Earned: This is the time you have been given or accrued. Again, this will vary based off of your accrual rate and Time Away from Work tier.
- Taken: This is the amount of time you have taken off during your period start and end date. How much time you can take will depend on the tier you are assigned.
- Upcoming: This is the amount of time you have requested off in the system, but have not actually taken yet. This will show under the upcoming tab on this same page until the dates requested have passed.
- Available Balance: This is the amount of time you have available to request off that is not Upcoming or Taken. You may or may not be able to have a negative balance, depending your company's policy. This is going to be your current balance in the system.
*Note: The below pieces of information will be helpful in understanding your balances:
- Once you request time off, the hours will be deducted from your balance bucket and will appear in the upcoming bucket, even if the date has not occurred yet.
- Once your time has been requested, approved and taken the hours will move from the Upcoming bucket to the Taken bucket.
- If you add hours in the Taken, Upcoming and Overall balance buckets, they will always equal the amount of hours in the Earned bucket.